Black Book International, LLC
Effective 1st of June 2017
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE SITE AND/OR OFFERINGS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SITE.
1. What personal identifying information we collect.
In order to use some features of the Platform, you must first complete the registration process. During registration, you are required to provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, including, but not limited to the information described below.
We collect your
- date of birth or age
- contact information, including your address and phone number
- email address
- credit card information
- gender and other demographic information
- personal description and photograph
- location while using the Platform
We retain your history of
- statistics on your engagement with the platform, including your IP address, browser type, time zone, browser plug ins, operating system and platform, pages visited and length of time on each page
- third party sites visited or inquired about
- venues, bookings and spending patterns
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Platform. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Platform, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Platform. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
The Platform is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Through website access logs the Platform does collect clickstream data and HTTP protocol elements, which generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff for research and development, user analysis and business decision making, all of which provides better services to the public. The statistics garnered, which contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information, may also be provided to third parties.
3. Children's Privacy. Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Platform from those we actually know are under 18, nor do we allow registration of users under the age of 18.
4. How we use personal identifying information. We take your privacy very seriously. Accordingly, we agree that we will only use the information you provide for the following specific purposes:
- to effectuate a registration made by you;
- to contact you;
- to customize the advertising and content you see;
- to fulfill your requests for products and services (including purchases);
- to improve the content and overall look and feel of our Platform and services;
- to conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients and third parties, when necessary;
- to contact you about site news, updates and changes to this policy, to enable you to retrieve your password, if necessary, and to bill you for services we perform for you.
5. Disclosure of information.
We may disclose personal identifying information to:
- employees within the Company for routine operations such as accounting and billing
- certain suppliers of services to the Company
- agents of the Company
- businesses affiliated with the Company
- government authorities when we are required to do so by reason of a government requirement or court order
- third parties for billing, and if necessary, to collections agencies
- Venues that you have booked with.
From time to time, we may use non-identifiable aggregate information to better design our Platform and to share with select advertising partners, sponsors, third parties for marketing analysis, and/or our affiliates. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our , or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to personally identify those individuals.
We agree that we will not share, sell, rent or otherwise distribute your Personally Identifiable Information with outside parties, except to provide products or services you've requested through us, or in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process, or when necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims made by you or on your behalf.
From time to time, we may employ the use of return email addresses to answer the email we receive from you. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
6. The reasonable safeguards we use to secure your information. We have an EVSSL certificate of encryption. Your personal identifying data is held within Amazon Web Services. We do not hold any credit card information, instead we use Stripe for credit card collection. We collect your contact information, your credit card information using standard electronic channels. We have no control over our ISP, data and telephone service providers. So, while we do not intentionally share your personal identifying information with these service providers, we cannot know if those providers are able to intercept our communications of that information.
The electronic channels we use to collect your information may include email and telephone channels and the Platform. We use Stripe Payments services to process the payment you make when you purchase a Product. All PCI compliance is handled by Stripe on our behalf. Consequently, we are subject to their terms and conditions. Any additional charges, that we are subjected to by Stripe may be passed on to you.
7. Social Functions, Feedback, Reviews and Survey. Our Platform may permit you to participate in social functions, such as sharing your bookings through third party social media apps and websites. You should be aware that the information disclosed and shared will be broadly available to other persons, both inside of and/or outside the Company who have access to that chat room, forum or bulletin board. Some such social media sites have additional rules and conditions regarding participation. The Company may solicit opinions and feedback via email and the Platform from all of our users, and the results of these opinions may be published by the Company. A participant's expressed opinion is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of the Company.
8. Scope of this Agreement; Third Party Websites. Although this agreement applies to the entirety of information obtained by you for the purpose of accessing or using content controlled and owned by the Company it does not apply to entities that are not owned or controlled by us. The Platform contains links to third party websites. Please be aware that the Company does not claim any responsibility for the privacy practices of these third party sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to take reasonable precautions when sharing your personally identifiable information on third party websites.
9. Opt-Out Policy. You may "opt out" of receiving newsletters, promotional offers and other useful information from us. To unsubscribe from our mailings (except important system and content update information detailed below), you may follow the unsubscribe link on the bottom of the email. You can edit your account preferences by going to your account on the platform, where you may also delete your account.
10. No Liability for Acts of Third Parties. The Company will exercise all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of customer personal information. However, transmissions protected by industry standard security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, the Company shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information due to no fault of the Company including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of the Company's staff and/or third parties.
12. Your Commitment. You agree that (i) you understand the terms of this Agreement, (ii) you will abide by the terms of this Agreement whenever you use the Platform, and (iii) you have no cause of action against the Company for our use of your personal identifying information in accordance with this Agreement. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Castaway Labs LLC
786 351 0108